COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgment — Liability Waiver and Release of Claims
By using a Ticket, you agree to abide by such policy and assume all risks associated with COVID-19 and other infectious and/or communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses, as well as agree to indemnify NOWFE against all such risks and further agree to abide by all other terms and rules set forth by NOWFE.
COVID-19 Safety Information
While participating in events held or sponsored by the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience (NOWFE) “social distancing” must be practiced and face coverings worn until seated during all attended events to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, NOWFE has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, NOWFE cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in NOWFE events and/or other face to face activities. By attending a NOWFE event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath,
- Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19, or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
Liability Waiver and Release of Claims
By Purchasing a Ticket and Participating in our Events
- You acknowledge that you derive personal satisfaction and a benefit by virtue of participation and/or voluntarism with NOWFE, and willingly engage in NOWFE events.
- You hereby release, waive and forever discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience and its affiliated partners and sponsors, including in each case, without limitation, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (the “released parties”), either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to damages or losses caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the released parties, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss or out of pocket expenses, or loss or damage to property, which you, your heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may have or which may hereinafter accrue on your behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise from your participation with the activity.
- You acknowledge and understand that participation in events includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist. You knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, and knowingly assume such risks.
By attending and/or participating in the activity, you are deemed to have given a full release of liability to the released parties to the fullest extent permitted by law.